University of Arizona Adaptive Athletics houses an adaptive fitness center to support the fitness and training goals of disabled athletes and community members. The fitness center has a variety of equipment designed to be easily accessible for wheelchair-users. Staff is available to consult with individuals on a fitness regimen. Exercise programs are designed to meet personal goals, and assessments and treatments are provided for short term or on-going training.
A variety of weight lifting and conditioning equipment is available:
- Crank Cycles
- Upper tone exercise equipment
- Equalizer multi-station machines
- Hoist and Hammer Strength machines
- Versa trainer (Bow Flex type) machine
- Saratoga Upper Extremity Ergometer
- SCI Fit upper and lower body ergometers
- Nu Step recumbent stepper
- Free weights
- Cuff Weights/Exercise mats
In addition to our fitness center, students have access to weight training equipment at the Campus Recreation Center.